Sunday, June 28, 2009

Doing Dishes with Daddy

Today, I decided to do the dishes with Benjamin... Last week for Father's day, Jenny and I spoke at Church about Father's. While I was preparing, I read a talk in the Ensign written by E. Jeffrey Hill (I think he might be related... :) entitled "Doing Dishes with Daddy". While most of the article was about Sarah (my older sister), I was at least mentioned. I decided tonight to do the dishes with Ben... But he was so cute I had to take some pictures. While I was getting soaked in the Kitchen, I found Jenny relaxing on the couch. I guess that's fair, since she normally does all the work. We went to a ward dessert potluck after dinner, and had a great time. The boys found a water hole, and this is the result.
Finally, for Father's Day, Jenny had the boys fill out a questionnaire about me. Here are their responses... First Jeffrey, then Jonny, then Benjamin.



1. What is something daddy always says to you?

J: I love you

J: Don’t do something bad

B: Be nice


2. What makes daddy happy?

J: When I say “I love you”

J: When we do nice things to him

B: When I go to bed


3. What makes daddy sad?

J: Doing something he doesn’t want you to do

J: When we do bad things to him

B: When I get hurt


4. How does your daddy make you laugh?

J: Doing funny things

J: Do funny faces

B: Smiles at me


5. What was your daddy like as a child?

J: Smart

J: He played computer games

B: Fun


6. How old is your daddy?

J: 21

J: 15

B: 2


7. How tall is your daddy?

J: 10 feet

J: This tall (as tall as mommy’s head)

B: That tall (pointing way up high)


8. What is his favorite thing to watch on TV?

J: Grown up movies

J: Daddy’s movies

B: A nice one


9. What does your daddy do when you're not around?

J: School stuff

J: Watches commercials

B: Watch movies


10. If your daddy becomes famous, what will it be for?

J: Me

J: Because he listened to Jesus and Heavenly Father

B: Because people like us


11. What is your daddy really good at?

J: Building

J: Scouts

B: Singing songs


12. What is your daddy not very good at?

J: Doing a gymnastics bridge

J: Knocking down a tree without it falling on him

B: Coloring


13. What does your daddy do for his job?

J: Mechanical engineer

J: Clean up

B: Clean up


14. What is your daddy's favorite food?

J: Those things that come in those cans and are chocolate (slim fast)

J: Ice

B: Nachos


15. What makes you proud of your daddy?

J: building

J: When he gives me candy

B: Lying down with him


16. If your daddy were a cartoon character, who would he be?

J: Tonka

J: Tonka

B: Baby Joshua


17. What do you and your daddy do together?

J: Build

J: Play

B: Play ABC’s


18. How are you and your daddy the same?

J: We both like to build

J: We build together

B: Both good


19. How are you and your daddy different?

J: We are not the same age

J: I’m not an adult

B:


20. How do you know your daddy loves you?

J: He says I love you

J: He says I love you

B:


21. What does your daddy like most about your mom?

J: How she looks

J: How she looks

B: Going bye-bye (dates)


22. Where is your daddy's favorite place to go?

J: Chuck E. Cheese

J: Scouts

B: Chuck E. Cheese

1 comment:

Marthamarsh@gmail.com said...

SO I'm guessing a tree fell on you. Is that correct?