Sunday, February 5, 2012

New Year New School

Someone asked me what my New Years Resolution was shortly after the start of the new year. My reply (and I was totally serious) was to have a completely BORING and UNEVENTFUL year. No pregnancies or new babies, no new house, no moving, nothing eventful at all. I just wanted to be BORED out of my mind by the end of the year.

Well God, with His sense of humor, decided to give me just the opposite. One week later, Jeffrey and Jonny were accepted into a new school. So what, you may ask. Well this is no ordinary school... in fact nothing about it is ordinary. It is half school and half home school. So I have Jeffrey and Jonny home MUCH more (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE). It is a bit of a drive from here, so I spend about an hour a day driving to and from schools. They teach math differently, writing differently, spelling way differently, etc. And we LOVE all of it. Jeffrey and Jonny are doing really well adjusting, and I am "surviving!" Let's just say, I have three hours a day to get the food ready, run errands, and clean the house before I dedicate myself 100% to my kids educations. Luckily, the longer we are at this school the less help they will need (at least that is what is supposed to happen). As for now, I am enjoying being so involved in their education, seeing so much more of them, and learning a bit for myself too. I am also excited that Ben will join them next year when he is in 1st grade.

So I guess I will have to look forward to a boring year another time! But for now I Say BRING ON 2012.

Ok, so totally not related... here is Katie sitting up! She wants to be part of the action so she learned to sit and loves it. She also loves jumping in her jumper and putting EVERYTHING into her mouth! We love having her in our family! And you just have to laugh at how she curls her tongue. She does that ALL THE TIME.



4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh! She is too cute. That sounds like an awesome school...I want to hear more about it!

Brooke Romney said...

I'm excited for you about the school. I know you were hoping for that. You are so amazing!

Whitehead Family Fun said...

I love how surprised Katie always looks; she is adorable. I'll have to see how you are liking the family school in a couple of months. Los Alamos will allow us to do a half day in the public schools (I would have to find my own supplements for the other half) but we might give it a try.

jennybhill said...

That's great they are in the new school. Glad that you are not bored out of your mind after all! :)