Wow, it's been over a week since we last posted. Sorry about that. We have been exceptionally busy trying to get our house on the market. It finally is! We have a couple of odds and ends left to do, but it's listed, and we've actually had two people come look at it already. We have feedback from one of them.... They didn't like the neighborhood and decided they really wanted a garage. Not much we could do about that.
So, I think every week we will try and post an update on the house. I will even try to include some pictures if I ever get around to it. The main problem is I write these posts at work during my lunch break, and I don't have the pictures here with me. But, I will try and do it anyway.
We've been working long hours getting the house ready. We have done all the landscaping in the front yard now, along with the pond on the side of the house. The back yard still needs some work, and there are a couple of little things I can do on the inside. What we are trying to do now is go through all of our stuff and start packing the things we won't need until Michigan.
We've also pretty much decided that we are going to rent an apartment in Ann Arbor rather than buying. The market is pretty stagnant, and the property taxes and utilities are pretty steep. Buying will cost almost as much per month as renting, and then we have to worry about selling in the end. So, we are going to be moving from a .5 acre lot, with a 2000 sq. ft. house, to something a little smaller..... Oh well, it's only for a year or two.
Well, I will post more pictures when I get around to it. Keep us in your prayers.
8 years ago

2 comments:
We want to look at your house! Is May a good time to come? Sorry we can't buy it.
Come any time. Hopefully it will sell sooner rather than later, but we should still be around in May.
Post a Comment