My sister and brother-in-law, Abby and James Boone, came and visited us for the past two days on their way to Viriginia. While they were here, we decided to go fishing because James and I were the only people who had caught fish before. We didn't have any fishing poles, so we cheated and went to a trout farm. It was really fun. For $15, we all got in and were supplied life jackets (for the kids), poles, bait, lures, etc. They guaranteed that everyone who wanted to would catch a fish. Here are some pictures.
I got everyone hooked up with a fishing pole and some bait. As you can see, Benjamin was thoroughly enjoying himself.

I was the first one in the group to catch a fish. (After some experimentation, we realized the boys fishing poles were too short, so they started using mine.) Here we all are looking at that very first fish. Jeffrey did a great job with the net (Jenny helped just a little bit...)

Once we got the fish out of the water, the boys started to feel bad about the fish. Jonny decided he was going to be nice and feed the fish another worm. For some reason, the fish wasn't interested. You can see Jeffrey's worried expression here.

Jenny caught the next fish, which was her very first fish. I think it was the largest we caught.

Jonny then decided that he wanted to catch a fish. I let him use my longer pole, and we put bait on and threw it out in the water. After a couple of minutes, Abby and James hooked a fish, though I think little Andrew did most of the work.

While we were busy getting Abby's fish out of the water, Jonny looked down at his pole, and said "I think I have a fish!". He was right. He pulled it in (almost completely by himself) and here he is.

Jeffrey finally decided that he wanted to catch a fish, and not be left out. So, he got out his pole, and it only took him about 2 minutes to catch our last fish.

Doesn't he look happy?
So, we ended up catching 6 fish, in probably half an hour. Another nice thing about the farm is for 55 cents they will clean and debone the fish for you, which we had them do. About an hour later, we ate three of them for dinner. It was possibly the freshest fish we've ever had.
No comments:
Post a Comment