Thursday, October 2, 2008

Rah, Rah, RahRahRah .... Go Cougars!

So this has taken me a while to post, but better late than never... right?

Well I had the GREAT chance to fly to Utah and be with Hannah (Jeff's sister and one of my best friends in the whole wide world) as she went to the temple for the first time. It was an amazing experience and the highlight of my trip to Utah. Of course I took my camera to the temple, but I didn't even remember (nor think to) take it out of the car. So there are no pictures of the temple, Hannah, or myself to prove that I was there, you just have to take my word for it.

The second most amazing part of my trip was the BYU vs UCLA football game. Hannah had a ticket for me, so I got the go to my first BYU football game in 5 years. Wow, was I excited. I could hardly imagine what I was in store for.

This first picture is Hannah at the beginning of the game. She looks pretty excited, but when is Hannah not excited for BYU football??? This is Hannah and Josh (my brother) well into the game (sometime after the 2nd quarter -- which was the most amazing quarter of football I have ever seen in my entire life). Notice the level of excitement here. And then here is my brother Robby wondering if all BYU football games are this good (he usually shows up for a quarter or two and then heads home to catch up on school, work, sleep, etc.) He's a busy guy, so you can't blame him too much! And here is the final score of the game. A shut-out. I think BYU did it just for me. Can you believe some people were actually nervous about this game! But honestly, it was so much fun and so unbelievable, it was just plain awesome.
The rest of my trip to Utah was great as well. I was only there for a very short weekend, so I didn't do much more than see my brothers, spend lots of time with Hannah, and visit with the rest of Jeff's family. Did I mention, I went alone, so I was childless for three whole days!!! Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep, but for once it was my own fault! What a trip!

1 comment:

Hill-Mulford Family said...

We loved your visit! I'm glad BYU could perform so well for you ... hope they keep playing well.
Love,
Dad Hill