Monday, December 1, 2008

Newest Addition of the Family!!!

We went down to Maryland for Thanksgiving, and I didn't really have access to the internet with this computer, so I didn't post... At least that is my excuse. What really happened is I got a new toy...

Jenny's Grandpa Boyd was down in Maryland, and he likes to take the grandkids shopping when he comes to visit, and he tries to spoil us rotten. Well, Jenny didn't have anything she really wanted, and so I had to come up with something that we would like. We finally decided on a camera, more specifically, a digital SLR camera. We have a cheap digital camera that we have been using, but about half the pictures are out of focus, so we decided to get a good camera.

Well, we all went to Best Buy, and Grandpa Boyd told the salesman to give us the best camera they had. We got the Nikon D90, as seen below... I can't believe how nice a camera it is... Not only does it take fabulous pictures, but it is the only non-professional SLR camera that can take video (in High Definition, no less).

So, here are a couple of pictures I took with the new camera. Here is Ben with Christmas light in the background.

Jeffrey jumping on the trampoline. The camera can take 4.5 pictures per second, so you can get the shot you want.


Jeffrey and Jonny...


And here is Elmo. I liked the color on this picture, so I put it in. You should here the stories Elmo can tell...



Isn't Ben cute?




And here is a video taken with the camera. It even has sound. What a camera.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a nice camera! It takes amazing pictures of very cute subjects.

jennybhill said...

That camera is a nice choice if you have to let someone spoil you.

The video is great -- good job Benjamin...and Jonny the streaker.