Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's Fall

So my favorite part of living in Michigan was the fall because they had the greatest cider and donuts at the farms in Michigan. So I couldn't resist when the mom's group at church decided to visit McCall's farm. I loaded all 5 kids into the car and drove 45 minutes hoping that I wasn't crazy or wasting my time. I was very pleasantly surprised. The boys were AWESOME and Katie was AMAZING. We all just had a lot of fun. We went on a hay ride to the pumpkin patch and picked out pumpkins, explored a corn maze, rode giant slides, playing in a sandbox full of corn kernels, saw some animals, and just had FUN FUN FUN. Then just to reminisce I bought some "homemade" donuts for us to eat on the way home. Not quite as good as Michigan donuts, but my craving was satisfied. McCall's Farm is a new family favorite, and we can't wait to go again!

Here are the boys with their pumpkins. They had to carry their own which was great for me. Isaac was thrilled (and still is) to have his own pumpkin!

2 comments:

the Richards said...

Looks so fun! I must admit the doughnuts here are pretty darn good. I still want to see pics of the house, and all the projects you guys are planning with it!

Leslie said...

so glad you found a pumpkin patch!! the one we found here is about an hour away as well which is good and bad. We used to go every weekend in Michigan. so maybe it's better it's a bit of a drive to get there. :)