Sunday, January 11, 2015

A New Year

As 2014 came to a close our family experienced a few changes that lead us to believe that 2015 will be a great year!

In December, I was released as the Primary President in our church.  It was a bittersweet day for me as I realized how much I truly loved each of the children in primary.  As I went to bed the day before my release came, I thought about each of the children I had had the privilege to serve the previous three and a half years.  It was so fun to think about each of them individually and to reflect on how much I had learned about them.  I thought about their personalities and their strengths.  For each child I could so quickly see their talents and the love that Christ felt for them.  It was a remarkable experience.  I cried my eyes out at church the next day, but felt that my job was done and that I had served acceptable in God's eyes.  It was time to move on.

Jeff was also released in December from teaching the early early morning seminary class.  I don't think that it was quite as hard for him to see that come to an end as it was for me leaving primary.  He was very excited to not have to wake up at 4:30 am every morning anymore!  Of course, he too, will miss his seminary kids. 

Of course both of these releases happened for a reason and that reason was so that Jeff could serve in our ward bishopric.  Our family is very happy to support him in this calling!  (As of when I am writing this, Jeff hasn't really had a lot to do, but I am sure, very sure, that that will change!)

Another fun and exciting change that came with the end of 2014 was the beginning of our kitchen remodel.  We spent all of Christmas break working HARD on tearing everything out and starting to put it all back again!  We filled up a 15cu-ft dumpster and are VERY excited about this change.  (Pictures to be posted at a later date!)

So with all of our changes at the end of 2014, we are very excited to see what 2015 brings.  


No comments: