Isaac has a new trick....
He likes to play outside. Our front door is pretty heavy, so even though he had learned to turn the knob, I was fairly confident that he couldn't get out. Oh how very wrong I was... Not only did he figure out how to get the door to open, he found a way to un-do the dead bolt and the chain lock we have. I tried everything I could think of to keep him from wandering outside alone. I even found the biggest rock I could (and shouldn't have) carry and put it in front of the door. That slowed him down a bit (as in he couldn't get outside for like ... an hour....) For three days, I literally chased him outside every 5-10 minutes. Finally, we bought one of those baby-proofing door knob locks... and .... ahhhh (sigh of relief) he has been forced back indoors. I know it is only a matter of time before he figures out he is plenty strong to just take the lock off the door, but until then I can run downstairs and know he is still in the house. All I can say is, it is a dang good thing he is so cute, or I may have just given up on this kid already! On the bright side, I got three days of extra exercise... Isaac is fast and when we wants to be outside he is pretty good at not getting caught! to go play outside on a cold
Michigan day... umm do you think
he forgot something!


3 comments:
When he figures out how to take of the door knob cover, you can duct tape it on. My 3 year old figured out how to take of the covers about three minutes after we put them on, but when we duct taped it, it took him a year to figure out how to get the duct tape off. Good luck!
He kills me...kills me even more that he isn't even 2! At least he'll keep you in shape, right?
Thanks for your sweet comment. Too funny how we both have four boys. I am so hoping my next is a girl like you. I'm also so grateful that I have so many women who are in the same place as me - four boys and all. Good luck with number 5!!!
Post a Comment