I have a really great doctor.
He is an advocate for big families (that is a good thing when you are pregnant with your fifth!).
He is very religious and really believes in the importance of life.
He takes time to remember who I am between visits (he was my doctor when I had Isaac and the first thing he asked when I came in for my first visit of this pregnancy was "How's Isaac doing now?")
And he really wants me to have a girl this time around (well really who doesn't, after 4 boys!) He tried to figure out the gender of our baby at my 12 week appointment, but couldn't get much better than 60/40 that it was a girl.
So I wasn't terribly surprised at my last visit when he said, "Oh look we are in the room with the ultrasound machine, let's see if this baby is a girl" He quickly checked the heart beat and then spent the next 15 minutes looking for any indication that it was not a girl. After looking from many different views he declared with 90% certainty that we are having a girl.
I figure 90% is the best odds I have had so far, so as far as I am concerned WE ARE HAVING A GIRL! I kind of feel like I am being thrown back into parenthood for the first time, if I wasn't a girl myself I wouldn't have a clue what to do! Our plan for now is to just treat her like a boy (haha) but we are open to suggestions!
Oh yeah, and if you can't tell, we are SO EXCITED!
8 years ago

9 comments:
I wish I had some great advice to give you, but we seem to be a boy family too. However, I was the only girl in a family with 4 brothers and I turned out fine! She'll just be less emotional than most girls. She'll fit in just fine. I'm so happy for you!
That's exciting!!
PINK!!!! PINK!!!! Other than that they can play with all the boy toys. However Dress them in PINK! (its so much fun having a little girl to dress)
I'm SO EXCITED for you!!!
Congratulations!!!
Hooray, the wave of girl cousins continues!
No way Jenny! That is the best! We are so thrilled for you! Fun times ahead is all I am saying. Boys are great but girls are too. I am a fan of having BOTH!
Yay! Girls are great! Congratulations!
Yay! Girls are great! Congratulations!
Post a Comment