Sunday, February 2, 2014

Life is Sweet

As I sit here listening to Jared squeal with delight as Katie plays with him* and watching the rest of my boys play a board game with Jeff, it is easy to look past the day's mess and just enjoy my family. 

It is fun to watch Jonny jump up and down every time something exciting starts to happen.  I know that one day he will grow out of his need to jump around to get rid of the extra energy that excitement brings him, but I don't really want him to.  I like watching the excitement mount in his little body, and it makes me excited too.  (On a side note, I suppose it would be unprofessional to get out of your seat and jump up and down at a corporate meeting as you boss unveils and exciting new plan!) 

I also love watching Isaac climb up on the table to get a better view of the game.  He gets in everyone's way, but they just keep reminding him to get in his seat.  I love how patient everyone is when they are engaged in a good game!  And I love how Isaac thinks he is one of the "big boys" and wants to be a part of everything they do.

It amazes me how grown up Jeffrey is.   Able to play with an actual strategy and compete with Jeff (as much as any one can compete with Jeff -- he seems to be the master board game player!)  Honestly, though, when did Jeffrey get so old?  When did I get old enough to have a kid so old???

Benjamin just plays the best he can, taking everyone's advice and having faith that they are giving him good advice.  I love how trusting he is and innocent and sweet.  He will still cuddle with me, as long as there is "nothing better to do". 

They are all sitting there, playing with their dad, and just having a great time.  These are the memories I want to keep.  These are the moments that I don't want to lose.  Because it is the small things that make life WONDERFUL.  And life really is wonderful, isn't it. 


*Editor's Note:  these squeals are short lived of course, as Katie has no idea that Jared DOES NOT like her to climb on top of him. 


Picture of the week.  Here is Katie all dressed up and ready for church.  I need to get her some cute boots, it is a must with this outfit.  Besides, I only have one girls to dress up!

1 comment:

Hill-Mulford Family said...

I absolutely love these snippets of life. They bring back so many memories of Jeff Sr. It is amazing to be old enough to have children who have children this old! Jenny, you are a blessed woman to have this much rambunteous joy in your home!
Dad Hill