Do not judge me because my children look sloppily dressed, I am teaching them to dress themselves.
Do not judge me because there are crumbs on my floor, I am teaching my children to sweep.
Do not judge me because children have skinned knees and bruised legs, I am letting them explore and learn for themselves.
Do not judge me because of the bags under my eyes, I have spent the last who-knows-how-many nights calming nightmares, running to the potty with a toddler, and calming a baby.
Do not judge me because my clothes are stained and dirty, it is probably the third outfit I have put on today that has been spilled or touched by sticky fingers.
Do not judge me because my boys aren't sitting still, I am teaching them to get excited about their learning, and that excitement needs to come out somewhere.
Do not judge me because my little girl is wearing her brothers old clothes, I am teaching her modesty and that beauty comes from within.
And if you do not judge me, then I will try my best not to judge me too. Because I am all to aware of the dirty floors, the sloppy clothes, and the wiggly kids, but I am also spending more time trying to be aware of how much they are learning. And I am noticing how my floors seem to be a little cleaner than last week, and most days we get all our clothes on the right way, and we are exploring and learning together. But it is hard to be a mom, so please, don't judge me and make it harder and I promise, I won't judge you either.
8 years ago

1 comment:
I don't judge you ... I admire you! Way to go!
Love,
Dad Hill
Post a Comment