Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Post About Jeff's Hobbies!

So Jeff has always loved building things, but his love has been taken to the next level since he received some nice tools. So here are some of the things he has built since then. (By the way, I LOVE that he has so much fun building things, especially since it benefits me most of the time).

This is a cribbage board he built out of maple and walnut.



This is one of my favorites, because I asked for it! He build cubbies into our closet for the coats, backpacks, boots, snow pants, etc that will soon be overwhelming our home! (I asked for this and then 2 days later he was completely finished with them... nice turnover!)

So we had a yard sale and sold all of our kitchen chairs. We didn't anticipate them being such a popular buy, but if someone wanted to pay us for our old, beat up, chairs -- well why not?!? So to compensate for our lack of sitting-ware, Jeff built this bench from an old table. Beautiful isn't it!



My mom was re-doing my dad's office and asked Jeff to build a credenza for her. I think he outdid himself!


Currently he is working on a bookshelf for one of our friends, but then he is out of projects. So if you are wondering, he would love to build you something. He only charges $10 an hour plus supplies! Not bad for custom furniture!!! But even better than that, it is a fun and great hobby. One I think we will be enjoying our whole lives. It is fun to see him work on such great projects!

3 comments:

Kristine said...

What beautiful pieces! If we were closer I would request a bookcase. :)

jennybhill said...

These are really impressive. It's great to have a hobby in crafting things that look fantastic and are useful. We're waiting to see where you move so that we can follow...Aaron will let you graduate first...

Jeff said...

This is amazing!