.jpg)
.jpg)
So then this week I it was my turn to teach preschool. There are 5 moms and we each take a week and rotate. This week our theme was Fish. We also talked about the Letter B and Circles. It was so much fun, I thought I would share what we did.
Fish
- Bought 12 feeder gold fish and let the kids look at them, feed them, and touch them. They made a great center piece on the table for the day
- Read lots of books about fish A fish is a fish; One fish, Two fish, Red fish, Blue fish; Fish Eyes a book you can count on; and one more I can't remember right now
- Painted a picture of a fish
- We glued the Letter B on to fish to look like its scales (weird I know, but we were studying Fish and the letter B)
- Used a magnetic fishing pole to go fishing for paper fish with staples on them. On the back of each fish was a fun "fish activity" -- poems, songs, or games
- Bean bag toss into a sharks mouth!
Circles
- We have these circles that are different colors for a twister game, but we threw them onto the floor and had the kids run to whatever color I called
- We also played musical chairs on colored circles. Who ever ended up on the yellow circle won because yellow was our special color.
- We glued circles we found around the house onto a piece of paper (old CDs, some sand paper, and cotton circles)
Letter "B"
- We talked about what "B" sounds like and then thought of EVERYTHING we could that started with B. Benjamin is still pointing out words that start with B to me.
- Put Band aids on the a piece of paper with the Letter B
Snacks
- Tuesday we just had a boring snack of gold fish and popcorn
- Thursday we made our own Island because fish live in the water and land in the middle of water is an island. We took blue bowls (the water) and put a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the middle. Then we crumbled graham crackers on top of that to make the sand. Finally we put a gummy bear on our island and then ATE IT UP!
Preschool was so much fun and I am so glad I get to do it with Benjamin. He is just LOVING every minute of it and it couldn't be better. We have such a great group this year!

2 comments:
Sounds fun! Our kids are in good hands!
I definitely agree! We have a great group. Now I know why Lizzy is so excited to have preschool at your house this week! Sounds like you did very fun and exciting activities, and who can pass up on icecream, right?
Post a Comment