Thursday, February 17, 2011

Helpers!

So this post is a little behind, but better late than never!

I have had some great helpers when it comes to cooking lately. Shortly after finding out we were pregnant I decided to do myself (and my family a favor) and make some freezer meals for those nights I didn't want to cook. So while Isaac was napping one day, Benjamin, Jonny, and I made 6 trays of Sour Cream Enchiladas. We each had a job to do, and it was a lot of fun.

Jonny was in charge of putting the chicken on and Ben was in charge of the cheese. I took care of the sauce and rolling them up. We have already enjoyed 4 of the 6 trays, and the kids keep asking for more. I think Jonny and Ben did a GREAT JOB!
Shortly thereafter, the boys were wanting some homemade cookies on a Sunday night and I was wanting to lie on the couch. So Jeff volunteered to make cookies. (Sidenote: Jeff has only made cookies like twice since we got married, so this was not the norm!)
Somehow my cookie recipe had disappeared and when I tried to explain it to Jeff it became apparent that I was making it worse. Luckily, one of our friends makes GREAT chocolate chip cookies, so a short phone call later and Jeff was ready to bake. Of course all the boys wanted to help!
Don't they look like they are having a great time. It was a fun Sunday activity, and I especially enjoyed watching the entire process from my comfortably spot on the couch!

2 comments:

Brooke Romney said...

Love it, and love that they were so happy to help.

Leslie said...

you're so good at letting your kids help!!! good for you. by the time they go on their mission they will know how to make all kinds of things. :)