Benjamin had a birthday! He asked for a SPY party this year (if you know Benjamin at all, this should not surprise you). I had a blast planning it. I knew I would be busy (it was the first week of school) so I just looked for easy things to do. It went really well, and the prep work was minimal.... why can't all birthday parties be this easy.
My favorite thing was making this TNT. They are just paper towel rolls that I painted red and put duct tape on the bottom and top to close it off. They are actually the goody bags for the kids. I filled them with fun size candy bars before closing off the top. Then I just added some wire and connected it to a timer.
To get their goodies, the kids had to make it through these lasers. Then they had to bring the bomb down and defuse it. The lasers were really fun, and looked cool too!
Here is the rest of their spy gear, because honestly who can be a spy without a secret notebook and some cool sunglasses.
We also did some target practice. Everyone was are really good shot, I had to be careful to stay out of the way when reloading the targets (which were paper Dixie cups).
The final task was to decode a sign. We only let the birthday kids help, no big brothers allowed. They figured it out great! It told them that it was finally time for cake and ice cream.
For cake we ate miniature bombs. They were a big hit! We also had some ice cream, because who can eat cake without ice cream. We all had a really fun time. I am amazed at how much Benjamin has grown this year. He is much more self confident and he is beginning to be a great reader. I love spending time with him everyday reading and writing and just watching him smile! He is awesome!!!
3 comments:
Awesome party! Happy belated to Benjamin! And to Katie :)
What an awesome party!!
Will you invite me next time? That looks the coolest birthday ever, no kidding! I think I'm not going to let my kids look at these awesome pictures, and then duplicate it exactly. How fun!
Post a Comment